On Heritage Sundays various buildings are opened to the public so they can experience the areas that are usually inaccessible. I took the opportunity to visit the well known Leicester landmark The Magazine Gateway. A Grade I listed building in alongside Leicester ring-road, it was originally the main gateway of a walled enclosure built around 1400, providing access to the religious precinct of The Newarke. The building has had man uses over the years including a porter's lodge, guest accommodation, prison, militia building, and regimental museum. It is currently managed by Leicester Museums.
On Heritage Sundays various buildings are opened to the public so they can experience the areas that are usually inaccessible. I took the opportunity to visit the well known Leicester landmark The Magazine Gateway. A Grade I listed building in alongside Leicester ring-road, it was originally the main gateway of a walled enclosure built around 1400, providing access to the religious precinct of The Newarke. The building has had man uses over the years including a porter's lodge, guest accommodation, prison, militia building, and regimental museum. It is currently managed by Leicester Museums.



