Bluebell Wood Nr Fosse Park Leicester


I visited a small area of woodland sandwiched between several busy roads and a motorway junction near to fosse park in Leicester.
The area is not visible from the road and requires passing under a graffiti lined subway giving an interesting contrast between the urban and the natural.
Approaching the area your hit by the fragrant scent of the flowers before a carpet of blue stretches out beneath the trees, dappled sunlight shines through the leaves illuminating patches of the blue flowers giving the area a magical glow and the look of a living painting.
on my visit a small spec of red caught my eye, a small ladybird (ladybug) was making his way across the stem of one of the flowers I quickly switched lenses and he happily posed for me with his black and red spotted shell contrasting perfectly with the blue of the bluebell.






Comments